Motcombe Memorial Hall was opened in 1928 in memory of the first Baron Stalbridge who died in 1912. Baronn Stalbridge, a member of the Grosvenor Family who owned much of Motcombe at the time, was a generous benefactor to the village and the Hall both honoured him and provided the village with a much needed meeting place. The land (now 4.4 acres) was donated by the second Baron Stalbridge, whose picture is in the Hall, but it was mainly due to the efforts of Charles Prideaux, whose descendants still live in the village, that the Hall was built.
Since then, the Hall has been a venue for local community groups such as the Womens’ Institute and the Gardening Club, private events, amateur theatre, film shows and more recently keep fit classes. The recreation ground is approx. 4.4 acres and has a childrens’ playground. There is a very popular annual village fete held annually on the ground. In 2008, a Pavilion was added to the Hall.