Help maintain your village hall and have a little fun in the process. There are eleven monthly draws with the chance of winning cash prizes including a special double value Christmas Draw in December
- The name of the lottery is the Motcombe 201 Club regardless of the number of shares. It may also be referred to as the Motcombe Lottery
- The object of the club is to raise funds for the Motcombe Memorial Hall. One pound per share per annum is used to cover expenses of running the lottery. Half of the remaining money received from Participants is used for prizes and the remainder for the maintenance of the Memorial Hall.
- The Lottery is administered by a Promoter appointed by the Motcombe Memorial Hall Management Committee. Any change of Promoter will be publicised on the Village notice board, in the Villager and on the Memorial Hall website.
- Participants must be aged sixteen or over. A purchaser of a share becomes a Participant in the Lottery. Participants may purchase any number of shares.
- The number of shares in the Lottery will be unlimited and each share will be allocated a unique number.
- The Lottery runs for eleven months from April to February. There is a draw each calendar month with a first, second and third cash prize. The first prize is 50% of the allocated monthly prize money, the second prize is 33% and the third prize is 17% with all sums rounded to the nearest pound.
- The allocated monthly prize money consists of one pound per participating share for that month, except for the December draw which will be at the rate of two pounds per participating share.
- Prize-winners will be notified at the last address held by the Promoter for that Participant. It is the responsibility of a Participant to advise the Promoter of any change. The Promoter will use his best endeavours to locate prize-winners, but any prize cheque not cashed (or any winner not located) within 3 months of the date of the draw will be deemed a donation to the Memorial Hall.
- The full subscription for each share is £25 payable annually in advance by cheque or cash. Full subscriptions must be received by the Promoter before 15th April together with a completed application form.
- A Participant’s share(s) will take part in the monthly draws for the year. Every paid up share will be included in every monthly draw and the unique share number allocated to each share at the date of joining will be used in each monthly draw.
- Each monthly draw will be made at the Memorial Hall Management Committee meeting, or at another designated venue if there is no Management Committee Meeting in that month.
- The Promoter will not pay a prize to any Participant other than the purchaser of a winning share.
- Subscriptions will not be refunded except that if the number of paid up shares does not reach fifty the Lottery will be terminated and monies for that year returned to the Participants.
- The Promoter will determine any dispute. An appeal may be made to the Motcombe Memorial Hall Management Committee whose decision shall be final.
- The Lottery is a private lottery under the provisions of the Small Societies Lottery legislation as specified in the 2005 Gambling Act.